- Jennifer Taub is a legal scholar and advocate who’s testified as a banking law expert before Congress and appeared on MSNBC and CNN.
- The following is an excerpt from her new book, “BIG DIRTY MONEY: The Shocking Injustice And Unseen Cost of White Collar Crime.”
- In it, she examines white collar crime, its history, and why these offenders fail to face the consequences that street level criminals do from Congress and the Supreme Court.
- She explains how the country’s biggest crimes — like the financial crisis in 2008 to the ongoing opioid epidemic — have taken a toll in its citizens on a systematic level and the US can do better moving forward.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
America, we have a big dirty money problem.
The corporate crime, elite impunity, and public corruption disease did not infect us overnight, though. We’ve been exposed now for so very