The Wednesday Market Minute
- Global stocks slide following a chaotic Presidential debate during which President Donald Trump once again refused to commit to a peaceful transition of power.
- President Trump, and former Vice President Joe Biden traded insults and interruptions in an unedifying 90 minute spectacle that likely changed the minds of very few voters.
- Germany is using targeted restrictions to tame a resurgent coronavirus, and hopes to avoid a nation-wide lockdown, as the pandemic continues to spread across Europe.
- Oil prices drift lower as the dollar rallies in safe-haven trading ahead of EIA data on domestic inventory at 10:30 am Eastern time.
- U.S. equity futures suggest a modestly firmer open on Wall Street, but still the first monthly loss since March, after ADP jobs data and a final Q2 GDP reading.
U.S. equity futures turned higher Wednesday, while the dollar pushed higher and safe-haven assets rallied, as markets reacted