- Democratic candidate Amy McGrath’s challenge against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky is raking in a ton of cash from donations.
- However, her chance of beating McConnell is slim, and these donations would be much better suited in closer races.
- Zachariah Sippy is a student from Lexington, Kentucky studying political history and legal philosophy at Princeton University.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In a rush following Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, Democratic candidates and groups across the country raised more than $100 million to boost their chances in November.
Much of the rush of funds was motivated by anger against Senate Majority Leader McConnell’s announcement that he will hold a vote on President Trump’s nominee to replace Ginsburg, despite the fact that there are only a few weeks between now and the election. The