The Alabama Department of Insurance has issued a bulletin providing information and directives regarding current deadlines/requirements in the Producer Licensing Division related to the COVID-19 emergency.
The Oct. 1, 2020 bulletin modifies bulletins issued on March 25, April 29, May 22, July 29, and Aug. 31 of this year and include:
- Initial license applications are expected to take approximately two weeks for review.
- The certificate of completion for any prelicensing course has been extended past the stated expiration date on the certificate to:
- Expiration dates of March 2020 are extended 120 days
- Expiration dates in April or May of 2020 are extended 90 days
- Expiration dates in June of 2020 are extended 60 days
- Expiration dates in July of 2020 are extended 30 days
- The notary requirement for a prelicensing certificate of completion has been waived through Dec. 31, 2020 for a prelicensing provider whose primary contact is working from