More than 5,000 United States loan brokers and personal bankers were asked to reveal the strangest reasons they have seen on applications for personal loans.
Financial experts Loanry.com has compiled those answers and some of them are odd.
Here are some of the reasons people want to borrow money:
1. To buy a tiger.
2. To build a statue of a loved one.
3. To follow David Hasselhoff on tour around Europe.
4. To keep an affair secret.
5. To hire an undisclosed celebrity to be present at the birth of their child.
6. To build a working replica of a trebuchet (type of catapult).
7. To go missing for a while.
8. To hire an acting troupe to recreate the “Game of Thrones” Red Wedding at their own.
9. To fund a trip to every Applebee’s restaurant in the United States.
10. To have plastic surgery to look like