- The FTSE 100 was one of the worst-performing major indexes in Europe in September. However, UK investment bank, Barclays, in a research note, said stocks in the UK region were cheap and under owned.
- The UK market is “foreign exchange sensitive” and with the GBP likely to be choppier due to Brexit uncertainty, Barclays predicts the FTSE 100 will improve, which could create opportunities for investors.
- Barclays outlines seven UK stock picks with catalysts in the fourth quarter and two stocks to sell.
- “Our seven OW-rated stocks have an average upside to our PT of 26%; whilst our two UW-rated stocks have an average downside to our PT of -27%,” said Barclays’ equity analyst, Richard Taylor, in the note.
- Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter Investing Insider
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The FTSE 100, the UK stock index that tracks the biggest 100 companies