Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Many freelancers have taken a financial hit since the start of the pandemic, and most government relief has run out.
- If you need to increase your cash flow to save or pay bills, financial planner Ben Henry-Moreland recommends looking first at your spending to see where you can cut back.
- Then, look into any government programs that are still available, such as the EIDL, and consider reducing your health insurance costs if you’re able.
- You can also reach out to your network to get more work, and reduce your quarterly tax payments to the IRS if your income has gone down.
- Get Personal Finance Insider’s free guide to financial planners