- After his electric truck startup debuted on the New York Stock Exchange Friday, Thomas Healy became both the youngest CEO of a publicly traded company and one of America’s youngest self-made billionaires.
- Healy has an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion, per a Business Insider analysis.
- In an exclusive interview with Business Insider, Healy shared what it’s like to become a billionaire overnight.
- Regarding major rivals Nikola and Tesla, Healy says ‘all of us are bringing electric vehicles forward. We’re all focused on electrification, but each one of us is taking just a little bit different of a path.’
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Thomas Healy just had a big week.
Within five days, the 28-year-old mechanical engineer led his electric truck startup, Hyliion, through a shareholder vote and its first day of trading on the public markets, all in the middle of a pandemic. He also led