Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- After meeting with a financial planner, my husband and I set out to pay off our credit card debt. We did it in six months, and during that time I started earning more money than ever.
- Our financial planner recommended that I buy a term life insurance policy since I was only protected for $20,000 on my husband’s employer-provided policy.
- He recommended $1.4 million in coverage for me, which felt high. But after accounting for our standard of living and future financial goals, I went for it.
- Now, I feel good about paying $70 a month for that peace of mind.
- Policygenius can help you compare life insurance policies to