Table of Contents
- 1 CREATE YOUR BREAKTHROUGH
- 1.1 What is personal development?
- 1.2 Personal development quotes
- 1.3 How to develop a personal development program
- 1.4 Step One: What do you really want?
- 1.5 Step two: What’s preventing you from having it?
- 1.6 Step three: How do you change your life now?
CREATE YOUR BREAKTHROUGH
Are you in need of a personal development breakthrough? Do you find some area in your life – your efforts toward building a healthy relationship, being a more involved parent or how you’re handling stress – lacking? You’re not alone. More than 40 million people from 100 countries have used Tony Robbins’ 3-part system for creating an extraordinary life, allowing them to achieve their ultimate goals and experience the true fulfillment they desire.
What is personal development?
Before focusing on creating a personal development breakthrough, you must first answer the question “What is personal development?” Personal development can cover any activity that improves your awareness or identity, enhances your quality of life or develops your talents and skills. Personal development plans can be used to become a better leader or business owner as well as improve relationships, enhance health and accelerate learning. At the heart of personal development is adopting the right mindset and building healthy and successful habits that lead to achieving your goals.
Your program will be unique to your needs and lifestyle and, though there are many templates you can use to achieve personal development goals, it will likely look different from anyone else’s.
Personal development quotes
When developing and putting a personal development program into action, it’s helpful to read personal development quotes that you can use as mantras or that you can fall back on when you need inspiration to get through a tough time. Here are some of Tony Robbins’ best personal development quotes:
“There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream or desire a reality.”
“What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capacity. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.”
“Let fear be a counselor and not a jailer.”
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
“Three decisions that we all control each moment of our lives: what to focus on, what things mean and what to do in spite of the challenges that may appear.”
“You should never leave the site of a goal or an idea without figuring out some way to apply it immediately. That gives you power. That’s how you build momentum.”
How to develop a personal development program
Whether it’s a stay-at-home parent, a professional athlete at the top of their game or the CEO of a multinational corporation, those who are truly living an extraordinary life – a life on their own terms – are those who know the answers to three things:
- What do you really want?
- What’s preventing you from having it?
- How do you change your life now?
Let’s break down the steps of one of Tony Robbins’ most powerful personal development strategies.
Step One: What do you really want?
While it is defined differently for everyone, a successful life for most people is based on two things:
- The Science of Achievement, or the ability to turn any dream into reality, to produce any result.
- The Art of Fulfillment, or the process of finding joy in whatever life brings; harnessing the power to understand, appreciate and enjoy our lives at the deepest level, no matter the circumstance. Much of this is based on mastering meaning and realizing that life is happening for us rather than to us.
Do you know what it is you really want from your personal development program? Dig deep and make sure your goals are aligned with your values by asking yourself the right questions.
Step two: What’s preventing you from having it?
There are only three things preventing you from having anything you want in your life:
- You lack clarity about what it is you really want and can’t find a compelling reason for why things are important to you.
- You are missing the proven tools and strategies to achieve your goal.
- There are conflicts between your emotions, desires and beliefs that cause you to take one step forward and two steps back as you try to make progress. You lack alignment in your psychology that will cause you to naturally follow through.
The biggest problem for most people is looking for ways to solve their problems instead of focusing on creating the life they want – a life of their own design. For your personal development to be successful, you have to start with what you want instead of what you don’t want. When you adjust your psychology to focus on desired outcomes rather than actions, you can reach your goals and find fulfillment much easier. In other words, if you want to make personal development progress, start with the end in mind.
Step three: How do you change your life now?
To take your personal development to the next level and become the best version of yourself, you need an integrated approach. There are three levels of immersion for the Robbins Results System. Watch the videos below to see how you can take your life to the next level.
Unlock, Align, Integrate!
Get the BEST tools and Coaching for Success
Get Focused and Clear
What is personal development and how can you put a system in place to take action? Once you address inner conflicts, you can unlock and unleash your true potential, align your life with what you really value and get the focus, clarity and tools you need – you can finally achieve your goals and celebrate your successes.